01-21-2014 09:34 PM
Thank you for your due diligence on checking my previous posts on what printer I have. In fact, I already can scan. But as I said, its still a workaround. And if thats the final solution that HP can come up with. I will be very very disappointed.
Do you know if there is a team (or any developer at all) looking at bringing back the suite of printer software that were available pre-Maverick to Maverick?
01-23-2014 03:22 AM - edited 01-23-2014 03:24 AM
The 'workaround' is all very well, but Image capture is designed for photos and does not have the HP scanner software functionality for scanning multi-page documents with straightening and cropping etc. When can we have our HP software back??
01-23-2014 08:28 AM
I also read through this complete thread, and am very frustrated that there is no solution from HP. I have the same problem with my OfficeJet 7500A when I use HP Scan for both the multi-sheet feeder and the flatbed. The images shown in HP Scan look great, but the PDFs it saves are very distorted and unusable. I have re-installed all of the current HP drivers that claims to be compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, but no change.
01-23-2014 09:03 AM
To confirm, the drivers that you have installed are 'HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers - OS X ...'? If you scan using either Apple Preview, or Image Capture, how is the scan quality after saving? I have included the document 'How to Scan: OS X v10.9', if you need it. When you are uninstalling the software, are you going through the Application folder, and then the Hewlett Packard folder? Have you completed a verify and repair of the disk permissions? Finally how is the Officejet 7500A connected to the Mac?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
01-23-2014 09:36 AM
How are we supposed to get OCR using Preview and Image Capture? It came with the device I purchased less than a year ago, but now does not work!
01-23-2014 11:33 AM
Hi Lisa. Thanks for your follow-up post. Here's some additional information:
- Running OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks on a 27" iMac
- Yes, I have installed the driver you linked to: HP_Mountain_Lion_Ink_SW_v12.23.18.dmg
- I used the HP Uninstaller from the HP Folder in Applications
- Yes, I completed a Disk Repair and Repair Permissions
- Printer is connected wirelessly through the WiFi network
After a little more experimentation, I can consistently repeat the problem if I scan in B&W or Grayscale from the HP Scan application (version 4.0.50 (114)). If I scan in COLOR, the output seems to work correctly. Below is an image comparison that shows the "stretched" corrupted output from the HP Scan application, and the correct output when scanning in COLOR or using the Preview import from scanner function. I used a one-page printout of the HP 7500A information page from the website as the test document.
01-23-2014 12:06 PM
Thank you for trying to help all of us. At last after SEVERAL months you are actually there !
I bought the Scanjet G 4050 to copy a few thousand old family slides.
1. I am using an iMAC 27' with latest Maverick, (turned off all their complicated KEY CHAIN problems).
2. Uninstalled, reinstalled, and used Disk utility.
3. I use IMAGE CAPTURE to get images from G 4050 and store my photos on iPhoto ( Purchased latest Version).
4. Multiple PHOTOS COPY PERFECTLY and separately, and can then be placed in all my various Family Albums. LOVE IT !!!
SLIDES scan 16 at one time, and after many, many attempts I cannot UNGROUP the 16 slides. They stay as ONE BUNCH.
Can anyone give my a solution to UNGROUPING so I don't have to copy slides individually ?
P.S. My Hp Photosmart C7280, my Scanjet G 4050 and my Officejet 6700 Premium , ALL SCAN PHOTOS PERFECTLY with IMAGE CAPTURE and iPHOTO.
It is just a problem with How to separate my 16 slide scans.
Thanks and All the Best to all the Community Contributors in 2014
Jan 23, 2014
01-24-2014 03:00 AM
I seem to have lost the scan function since I upgraded to Mavericks. When I go to system preferences and open up printers and scanners as previously, there is no scanning option.
Is this a software problem with HP?
When wil it be resolved?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)