Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the photsmart 2610xi.  It works with Preview. but not as well as the hp scan program which is really good.  Do you have mavericks on your computer?

HP Recommended

This reply is very useful.  I am having the same problem with my scanner ( Scanjet 8250 ADF) as everyvody else. However, although I have located Image Capture, I found that it could not locate the scanner.  When I looked in system preferences It was not in Scanners and printers, but was lying in the bottom line with a load of miscelaneous software, such as flash plyer, growl, etc. I guess it is in the wrong place.  

Can anybody help me?

atxortho

HP Recommended

Since this morning with Mac  10,9 mavericks , i can scan with my hp 3100c but the registration is black...

hope for a quick solution.

Clairval

HP Recommended
So for the time being -- better to wait for a solution from HP?
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

For the issue with HP Scan being incompatible with the new Mac OS update. The following document http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394, will walk you through the different steps to make sure that your printer is compatible, and all software updates have been applied. Should answer most of your questions.

Once the drivers and software are available for your printer, the best place to get them would be hp.com/support. Select Drivers and Downloads, then enter your printers product number and click go. On the next page select your operating system and click Next. Scroll down and click on Driver - Product Installation Software, then select and download the appropriate software.

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, Lisa....good advive.  I fear, however, that you have not read that thread very carefully. the steps you indicate have already been taken -- or attempted-- by most people who posted above.  The issues are (1) that the only drivers available are for 10.8, which may be OK in the majority of cases--and which works on the vast majority of printers and scanners --and (2) that the HP Scan **utility** produces garbage when one tries to save the file.  So we are still stuck with inferior soutions such as Preview or Image Capture.  😞

HP Recommended

I'm not sure how this solves the original problem.

(1)  The first HP document tells me to print a file using Mavericks, and if it prints, nothing more is needed.  It does print.

(2)  The post says "once the drivers and software are available ... ."  Are they? 

Under "Select your product's operating system" on the HP page, the newest Apple OS is OS X 10.8.  But that was never problematic.

The problem (it seems) is with OS X 10.9 -- which isn't on the list at all.

(3)  There are no updates of any kind from Apple.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

P.S.

jbminster got there before I did.

Agree with that whole post.

HP Recommended

hello ; i phoned to Apple France.they will modifie 10,9 OS mavericks

Clairval

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

When the drivers for Mavericks are available, they will be available for download from the support site. I have included the link to the Drivers and Downloads page in a previous post.

'What if I Don't See My Operating System?'

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.