05-11-2009 12:03 PM
Hi I have a HP 1010 laser conected to a Netgear WGPS606 print server. The print server installs fine, and displays the printer as being connected. I installed the downloaded drivers manually as the print server is configured. I can do a test print and everything fine upon completion.
However, once I try to print from any PC to the device I get 'unsupported personality' as the output of the page. Any idea's whats causing this?
I suspect its a driver problem as I downloaded 2 versions of the driver
1/ lj1010serieshb-en just the driver itself I assume which gives the error above.
I also tried the following lj1010seriesprnsyswin-en which crashes if I try to install it.
Any idea's ? or is there a better driver somewhere I've missed??
needless to say I dont have the original software anymore and I'd rather not connect the printer upto each PC ( 12 in al) to install it and then change the port configuration ..
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)