Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

All of my client's checks are reverse collated.   How do I get the OfficeJet Pro 8630 to print back to front. My old HP printer gaveme a print order option.  I don't find that on this printer.  HELP  I don't have time to reverse the order on 100s of checks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What operating system? The Deskjet 6980 driver is compatible with the Officejet Pro 8600 series (including the 8630) and provides page order as well as other features missing from the Officejet Pro 8630 driver including: 

• Page Order
  • Resizing options, including page scaling by % or shrink to fit, 
  • Copy Count (with optional collating)
  • Mirror Imaging (for printing T-Shirt transfers or decals)
  • Watermarks
  • Advanced Color (Brightness, Saturation and Color tone, individual sliders for CMYK)
  • Overspray 
  • Dry Time

The Deskjet 6980 driver can be installed as follows (instructions are for Windows 7, other versions would be similar):  Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet 8600, select Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, wait a while for the page to refresh, then select the HP Deskjet 6980 (HP) driver, OK.  It may be desirable to change the name back to Officejet Pro 8630:  right click on the Printer, Printer Properties, General, type in the desired printer name, Apply.  While there it may be necessary to enable the duplexer:  click the Device Settings tab, set the duplex unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi lh8630,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are looking to change the print order.  So I can better assist you, please respond with which Operating System you are running.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,Smiley Happy

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am using Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi again lh8630,

If you go in to the Devices and printers folder and right mouse click on your 8630 icon, you can then go into the printing preferences and on the Layout tab you will see the drop down arrow for Page Order.  From here you can change the print order.

I hope this is the information you are looking for.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,   :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

All I see is  Orientation: Portrait or Landscape

Print on Both Sides: Flip on long edge or Flip on short edge

and

Page Format: Pages per sheet

HP Recommended

Hello again lh8630,

I  suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

An HP Representative will have greater resources to better assist you with this issue.

Thank you once again for your time.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  I will give them a call soon.

HP Recommended

Top Student - did you ever get an answer from them.  I am in the sam situation. 

HP Recommended

What operating system? The Deskjet 6980 driver is compatible with the Officejet Pro 8600 series (including the 8630) and provides page order as well as other features missing from the Officejet Pro 8630 driver including: 

• Page Order
  • Resizing options, including page scaling by % or shrink to fit, 
  • Copy Count (with optional collating)
  • Mirror Imaging (for printing T-Shirt transfers or decals)
  • Watermarks
  • Advanced Color (Brightness, Saturation and Color tone, individual sliders for CMYK)
  • Overspray 
  • Dry Time

The Deskjet 6980 driver can be installed as follows (instructions are for Windows 7, other versions would be similar):  Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Officejet 8600, select Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, wait a while for the page to refresh, then select the HP Deskjet 6980 (HP) driver, OK.  It may be desirable to change the name back to Officejet Pro 8630:  right click on the Printer, Printer Properties, General, type in the desired printer name, Apply.  While there it may be necessary to enable the duplexer:  click the Device Settings tab, set the duplex unit to Installed, Apply, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob - Thanks so much for this solution.  I had tried another driver that did allow for back to front printing, but made my printer so slow that it was annoying.  This allowed me to print my checks and keep my printer speed.

I really appreciate this information.

Thanks

Sondra Jo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.