Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@SondraJo - I am glad I could resolve your issue.  If you would not mind please mention what operating system you have and what other driver you tried that was slow.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  This solution worked for me as well, Bob.

I use Quickbooks for payroll and it appears that Quickbooks will not reorder checks, so this solution has been invaluable.

HP Recommended

What gives with HP. I called for some help with the 8630 not being able to print back to front.. trying to print checks from QuickBooks. 

The tech person informed me that they removed it from the printer capabilities said it was not necessary????????

Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?????? 

My suggestion!!!!!               DO NOT BUY THE Officejet PRO 8630.... or since HP now dictates what users NEED maybe we should not buy any of the HP printers.

I can only hope that they get their act together!!!!!

HP Recommended

@pops1200 wrote:

What gives with HP. I called for some help with the 8630 not being able to print back to front.. trying to print checks fHP printersrom QuickBooks. 

The tech person informed me that they removed it from the printer capabilities said it was not necessary????????

Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?????? [snip]

The solution here gives the options for page order as well as many other features with the Officejet 8630.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks this worked fine with my HP8620 on Windows 7.

I am changing my computer to a windows 10 machine shortly will this fix work with windows 10?

HP Recommended

Bob, 

Thank you for your continued support for HP products.  You are single-handedly providing the support that HP does not provide.  It is greatly appreciated.

John

HP Recommended

@peterjohn51 wrote:

Thanks this worked fine with my HP8620 on Windows 7.

I am changing my computer to a windows 10 machine shortly will this fix work with windows 10?

Sorry for the delay, I did not see your response.  Yes, the same applies for the Windows 10, I am using the Deskjet 6980 (HP) driver for my Officejet Pro 8620 in Windows 10.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thanks for the directions but they don't wokr for Win8.  There is no "Advanced" button on properties.\ and I can't find any other means to download a driver. Very frustrating.  Would you be able to provide directions for Win8?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@ckmilcop wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for the directions but they don't wokr for Win8.  There is no "Advanced" button on properties.\ and I can't find any other means to download a driver. Very frustrating.  Would you be able to provide directions for Win8?  Thanks.

I just tried this on Windows 8.1 Pro and it worked fine.  Do the following:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, "The printer I want isn't listed", "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings",  Next, select the proper port, Next, Windows Update.  Wait for the list to populate - this may take fifteen minutes or more, be patient.  Select HP (not Hewlett Packard or Hewlett-Packard) for the manufacturer and select the HP Deskjet 6980 Series (HP), Next.  Select an appropriate name, perhaps something like "HP Officejet 8630 w/DJ 6980 driver", Next, Next, Set as default printer, Finish.  At this point you can right click on the printer and select Printing Preferences, Advanced, and set the options you want such as page order.

DJ 6980 w8.png

DJ 6980 w8 adv.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.