Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Before I installed my new HP printer, I uninstalled my HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series printer through Windows 7 uninstall program. Now everytime I boot up I get the following message:

"There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3050A J611 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll. The specified module could not be found."

This does not affect the behavior of my computer, nor does it affect the working of my new HP printer. But I can't figure out how to get rid of this message.

Help!

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem, after removing an HP 5510 printer.  Be very grateful for help.

HP Recommended

Hello dvdsmth,

I have some steps you can take that should resolve the issue:

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Under Windows, run the Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

Let me know if that helps or not.

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Having installed the HP6700 in a wireless configuration I began to experience two oddities on my Vista x64 Home Premium system. To better isolate the problems I decided to uninstall the HP6700. Unfortunately, now when I boot my system I'm getting the annoying message: Error Loading ... HPStatusBL.dll. I tried you prior suggestion (install CD ... Util > CCC folder ... L4uninstall) but unfortunately this sequence of instructions does not seem to apply to the 6700. I searched the entire CD, but did not find an uninstall program. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Steve

HP Recommended

Hi PotomacCrest,

Unfortunately, your printer software does not include a "scrubber" utility. However, Microsoft does have something similar:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/

Let me know if that helps.

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Gordon,

First, thanks for your efforts.

I looked at the Microsoft product you referred to, but that doesn't address the problem I'm having with deleting this file.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? It's pretty terrible for HP to load something onto a customer's machine and not offer a means for removal.

Steve

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that the MS tool did not help. It is not actually a file that you are trying to get rid of, but a program trying to run and it can't find the file to do so (because it was removed during uninstall of the printer). Sometimes, in Windows, programs do not uninstall as they should.

You can go into MSconfig and remove the offending HP entry that is trying to run upon boot. That should stop the error message. Are you familiar with MSconfig?

HP Recommended

I tried the MSCONFIG process, but when I rebooted the system it didn't ask me to Ignore the message and reboot normally.

However, once I identified the offending Service (Monitor Ink Alerts) I was able to use StartupInspector and remove this Service from the Startup process. No more error message. The hard part was identifying the Service. It would have been nice, and easier, if HP had prefaced the name with HP. Scanning down the list of programs was long and tedious.

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully, this information will assist others in removing this offending error message.

HP Recommended

Glad you got it figured out and thanks for sharing :generic:

HP Recommended

What was the service you removed?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.