Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I made a wireless connection from my laptop to my Deskjet 3830, I did not specify the need for a password, but then when I came back the next day it asked for my password (and refused to accept my normal netwrk password).

I posted the issue here, and someone told me to reset the printer's wireless network settings, which worked. But after a while it reverts to asking me for the password and I have to reset again!

How do I prevent this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @peterB66,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you would like to know how to stop the printer from intermittently providing the password. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I would suggest updating the printer's firmware to see if that will help: DJ3830_R1604C.exe

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @peterB66,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you would like to know how to stop the printer from intermittently providing the password. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I would suggest updating the printer's firmware to see if that will help: DJ3830_R1604C.exe

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.