06-09-2011 07:09 AM
My computer has Windows Vista. I changed the ink cartridges in my HP PSC 2110 printer. I pushed enter to align the cartridges, and I got a message "aligning please wait". The trouble is, that message never goes away. How do I get it to finish aligning the print cartridges so I can print?
06-10-2011 07:04 AM
Just power cycle the unit and see if it asks you to align the cartridges again when you power it on. If it does, try to remove the cartridges and clean the contact plates on the cartridges and in the carriage in the printer and then install the cartridges again as dirt or ink spill or similar could cause the alignment to fail.
If you can't get the cartridges aligned you could try to bypass the alignment like this: Press and hold Setup, press Options and then release both buttons.
This document contains some information and troubleshooting tips for alignment issues:
06-16-2011 02:40 AM
To bypass the alignment you need to press Setup and Options/Copy Options at the same time. It might take you a couple of attempts but you'll notice when it worked as you should notice that the display goes back to showing date/time.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)