Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

According to the product information available online for the Photosmart D110a, this printer has the capability to print double-sided. However, when I open up the printing options on my MacBook, it doesn't allow me to select from the two-sided drop-down menu.

Does this mean that I can't automatically print double-sided with this printer? Should I just do it manually?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

From its specs, it can print Duplex but in Manual mode. From my understand, you have to turn paper yourself, not automatic duplex:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/18972-18972-238444-421635-410635-4023244.html

It does not make any sense at all as also mentioned in this:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368068,00.asp#fbid=XsdTwYW9e_w (no duplex).

but it says it can print duplex on Mac, just with driver on this link:

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Drivers/HP-Photosmart-D110a-Driver.shtml

From my understanding, all duplex printers need both software (driver) and  hardware (duplex mechanism)  to print duplex, not software alone.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I will clarify a bit regarding the provided duplexing options for your product.

As your unit does not contain an Autoatic Duplexer Accessory, you can perform manual duplexing by using the Odd / Even Pages only option.

You should perform a print by setting the Paper handaling option to print Odd Pages Only (Located under the lowest selection box on the print dialog), then re-place your pages with the printout faced up and perform aditional print by selecting to print Even Pages Only.

As well, you may use the Two-Sided Printing software available below (You will see the option by clicking the arrow on the PDF button, as explaned further on the software description on the download page below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-88750-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

HP NOR DOES ANY 3RD PARTY SELL A HARDWARE DUPLEXING ATTACHMENT/ADDON FOR THE D110a.
ALL 2-SIDED PRINTING THEREFORE HAS TO BE DONE MANUALLY.

THIS IS THE TRIED&TRUE PHOTOSMART D110a 2-SIDED PRINTING PROCEDURE IN MAC OS-X:

TO PRINT OUT SET #1 OF TWO SETS OF PRINTOUTS:

1. Command-P to get your printer dialog box up onscreen;

2. Click on the "Paper Handling" drop-down menu box that is located below the word "Orientation:"

3a. In the "Pages To Print" drop-down submenu box, choose "Odd Only;"

3b. In the "Page Order" drop-down submenu box, choose "Reverse;"

4. Click the "Print" button to print out your document's odd-numbered pages only in reverse order.

TO PRINT OUT SET #2 OF TWO SETS OF PRINTOUTS, & COMPLETE THE 2-SIDED PRINTING:

1. Grab all of your odd-numbered printouts, rotate the group of printouts 180° and re-insert the printouts into the paper supply tray so that the TOPS of the printouts are inserted into the tray FIRST (i.e., you'll see only the bottom printing of the last printed paper sticking out from the paper supply tray), and then;

2. Command-P to get your printer dialog box back up onscreen;

3. Again, click on the "Paper Handling" drop-down menu box;

4a. In the "Pages To Print" drop-down submenu box, choose "Even Only;"

4b. In the "Page Order" drop-down submenu box, choose "Normal;"

5. Click the "Print" button to print out your document's even-numbered pages in normal order.

6. DONE. 

THAT :Wink: is how you print 2-sided from the Photosmart D110a.
Kevin Kendall / kevinwkendall@icloud.com
Former HP Tech Support employee in the late 90's for both MS Windows & for Mac on networks.
And yep, I was one of the first few who used Google back when it was just a very simple but very, very quick infant search engine on the 'net.....  buhby, Alta Vista & Lycos....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.