Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to print an image onto 5x7 photo paper. I have done so before with this same computer and printer yet all of a sudden it no longer works. I have tried both JPEG and PING images. The printer is set to 5x7 and the print preview shows the image correctly. Each time I print the image is cut off and most of the image is missing. Each time I print the image it is cut off in different parts, or the very bottom of the image will print at the top of the paper with nothing else. I can print a 5x7 image on 8.5x11 paper (the option to place 2 images side by side) with no trouble. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong????

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi tcooks,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and you are having an issue with printing photos on 5 x 7 photo paper with parts of the photo being cut, even though the print preview looks fine. I would like to help with that.

Definitely sounds like a software issue.

Here is a support document that should help produce a successfully printed photo - Printing Photos (Windows).

If you are still having issues printing photos on photo paper, I would run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and help resolve printing and printer software and driver issues.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have installed the HP print and scan doctor, tested the printer, and attempted to print my item again with no success. The same thing is happening. I have attached a photo of what is happening. The writting shown is the bottom most part of the image which has printed at the top with nothing else. Do you have any other suggestions for me???

IMG_8773 (1).JPG

HP Recommended
Hi tcooks,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information and picture.

If the HP Print and Scan Doctor ran without finding any problems, and you were following the above document for Printing Photos (Windows), the outcome should be a successful print.

Is it just this photo doing this or every photo? Is this a saved photo on your computer or is from online? What program are you printing from? Sometimes that can make changing settings a little different.

If you are sure about the picture file and everything else indicates that the picture should be printing properly, the next thing I would do is uninstall the printers software and drivers. Here is a support document that can help with that if needed - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

After that I would use the HP Printer Install Wizard to install the software and drivers. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer's software for you computer's operating system.

Please let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

This is not the only photo that is doing this. I tried to print other personal photos saved on my computer with the same reslults. I created an inviation in PrintShop 3.5 Professional and saved as a JPEG (this is exactly the way I did it with a previous photo I created and was successful) I have tried printing the photo directly from print shop as well as saving it to a folder on my desktop and printing it from there. I also tried saving the picture as PNG but that produced the same results. Each time the printer was set at 5x7 as was PrintShop and my computer. 

HP Recommended

Hi tcooks,

Have you tried opening the picture from Windows Photos app or Windows Photo Viewer, and then print following the steps listed in the Printing Photos (Windows) support document?

If yes, the next thing I would do is uninstall the printers software and drivers. Here is a support document that can help with that if needed -  Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows).

Before installing the software and drivers again, make sure your Windows 10 computer is up to date with the Windows Updates.

After that I would use the HP Printer Install Wizard to install the software and drivers. This tool will find the most recent version of the printer's software for you computer's operating system. Please let me know how it goes. 

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help, and your print settings are being set properly, I would create a post on the Encore Forums for The Print Shop 3.5.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.