Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up my ipad to print to the HP Photosmart 5510 printer.

Can anyone tell me how to to it?

I set up the printer wirelessly on my main computer.

I also created a printer email address.

please help

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly please check to see is your printer in this list ? 

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

If Yes, please follow this checklist and fix:

iPad: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/airprint/

If No, probably you have to print indirect way.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@jkptrehab1 wrote:

I am trying to set up my ipad to print to the HP Photosmart 5510 printer.

Can anyone tell me how to to it?

I set up the printer wirelessly on my main computer.

I also created a printer email address.

please help

HP Recommended
@Alex46
Are you having the same issue as the user above? What printer do you have? What device are you using? Are you trying to setup ePrint or Airprint?
HP Recommended
How to create printer emailaddress
HP Recommended

@Knitting

What printer do you have?  Do you have an ePrint capable printer?

HP Recommended
Nobody seems to be providing an answer.
HP Recommended

@Peterbarbor,

Are you having the same issue as the user above? What printer do you have? What device are you using? Are you trying to setup ePrint or Airprint?

HP Recommended
I have no instructions for my printer, I want to be able to print from ipad2 , could you tell me how to conect printer , thanks
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand that you are wanting to print from you iPad2. To make sure that printer is connected wireless? If not follow the steps below

1) Press the Right Arrow button
2) Press the Setup button (wrench and gear icon)
3) Press Wireless Menu
4) Press Wireless Setup Wizard and go through the on screen instructions

Once the wireless is setup on the printer, please make sure that the ePrint services are enabled. Follow the steps below.
  *** When not enabled ***
2) Press Web Services
3) Press ePrint - Enable Web Services
4) Press Yes
5) Press Enable Automatic Updates
6) Press Yes

*** When Web Services are Enabled ***
2) Press Web Services
3) Press Settings
4) Press Product Updates
5) Press Check Product Update

Once these steps are completed, I have included the following document 'Printing from an Apple Mobile Device'. Please select the option for Printing with Apple AirPrint, and follow through the instructions.

Please let me know if you are able to print from your iPad2 after, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.