Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product Name: HP Photosmart 5510 B111a
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Printer out of warranty. Two weeks ago HP software notified my original black XL cartridge was almost empty. A couple of days later, and without removing cartridge, HP software notified the same cartridge was fake. Despite of this I could print normally during the next week. When black cartridge stopped printing I replaced it with another original XL, and since then black cartridge does not work any more.

Now I even get messages warning all my cartridges must be replaced (even the new black one).

I think I'll have to buy another printer, but wanted to try the hard reset before. I am from Spain.

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have followed all the proposed steps and it doesn´t work.

¿how can I reset my 5510?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Sorry,  I forgot to comment that I write from Spain.

HP Recommended

Hi @PACO3269 

What is the issue you are experiencing that has you in need of resetting the printer? Maybe there is another approach we can take.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I changed my ink cartridges and now the black wont print at all.

HP Recommended

@rebelrainado 

Before I private message you anything, could you kindly let me know what Country you are in?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

US

HP Recommended

I too have the issue with the black ink not printing on my 5510. This happened after I replaced the ink that came with the printer with new HP genuine ink. I have tried all the proposed solutions including cleaning the printer head with water as in the YouTube videos, updating drivers, etc. Now I'm at the point of wanting to reseting the printer as my last step before I am forced to throw this printer away. Can you please send me the steps for resetting the printer?

My warranty expired in 2012 and I'm in the US.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @ranpman 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn2005,

@Sunshyn2005 wrote:

Hi @PACO3269 

What is the issue you are experiencing that has you in need of resetting the printer? Maybe there is another approach we can take.

I had to replace my empty ink original cartdriges with new original ones.  Since then my Photosmart 5510 doesn´t print in black.  I have followed all the steps proposed in the hp forums but none of them have worked.  The only solution I haven´t tried is to full reset the printer.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.