Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lately when I print photos with my HP Photosmart premium  C410 printer, I get lines across the photo.  What causes this and how do I fix it?  I have cleaned the printheads.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey howdysmom,

You may want to take a look at this article to get thsi issue resolved;
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01622189

Alot of the time the glass scan strip and white plastic strip need to be wiped/cleaned to fix the issue. I'd still recommend going through the other steps though!

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended
This is good stuff, but it does not happen when I copy, fax or scan...just when I print photos.
HP Recommended

Oh!

You may want to try a printer alignment since you already cleaned the printheads.

• Load plain white paper in the input tray.
  • On the product control panel, press Setup ( ).
  • Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to select Tools , and then press OK .
  • Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to select Align Printer , and then press OK .
    The product aligns the printheads. When the alignment is complete, the product prints an alignment page.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  What I found to be the problem was THE PAPER!!!!  Although I was using HP premium paper, the problem went away when I used card stock.  Go figure.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear you got it fixed! Post back if there's any other issues, friend!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.