Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All in one printer Envy 450

Hi,

It's driving me crazy!!  How do I make a borderless print?

I've tried everything I can think of - lots and lots of wasted prints on my HP Instant Ink thingy too!

I bought this printer 'cos I want to print photos without an edge - why won't it perform?

Please, please help.

Thanks inn advance.

Chrissy

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JustChrissy

Printer, one of:

"Envy 4500" (8)

You must install the Full Feature Software for your Operating System.

Example - Printer: 

HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software:

File name: EN4500_198.exe

Release details

Released: Nov 12, 2015

Version 32.3

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

The Specifications sheet for the Envy 4500 series indicate the printer requires minimum borders as shown:

Media
Left (LM)
Right (RM)
Top (TM)
Bottom (BM)
Letter
Legal
A4
Statement
215.9 x 330.2 (8.5 x 13 in)
Custom-sized media
Photo media
Executive
B5
A5
Cards
3.0 mm (0.118 inch)
3.0 mm (0.118 inch)
3.0 mm (0.118 inch)
Windows: 3.0 mm (0.118 inch)
Macintosh and Linux: 12.7 mm (0.50 inch)

The datasheet disagrees and provides data to suggest the printer does print borderless photo printing:

Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer

Assuming the Full Feature Software is installed and functional, provided that the datasheet is correct, and that the Size of Paper and the Media type (type of paper) are compatible with borderless, then the following method sets borderless to "On":

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Right-Click Printer > Printing Preferences > tab  Paper / Quality >

Advanced > Set Borderless Printing = ON

From the How-to Section:

Printing Photos (Windows)

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Optional - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods     

Sections:

• Preparation and Reference
  • Photo Creations for Windows and Mac (free software > Photo Creations removes the guess work and provides easy access to print options)
  • Printing with Paint >> Example of "borderless supported" printing setup is provided.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If the printer is new, the purchase likely provides a year's phone Support from HP Technical Support.

The User Guide, Page 83 provides details.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service  – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

From a post by @Sunshyn2005, to contact HP Support :

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter your computer's Product Number OR select Auto Detect
Step 3. Scroll down, find: "Still need help?  Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down, Click HP contact options > Click Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear on screen.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Chrissy.

HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

The printing screen shows a large preview, so you can tell if borderless printing is enabled. If it's not, you may be able to turn it on by clicking the Printer Settings link and choosing "Print Borderless" in your printer's control panel.

Borderless 7510 HPPC

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.