Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to my question.  I have not tried to refill the ink cartridges yet.  I have bought remanufactured/refilled cartridges.  Can you explain to me how I go about finding the page count?  Is it on the printer itself, or do you go through the computer?  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

The website that queries the printer and gives these results has been dropped.

However, there is a printer report (instructions for the older 8500):

1.  find the wrench button (just left of the OK button).

2.  Press twice to "print report"

3.  press OK to select that one

4.  Press the wrence to get to #4 entry which is a diagnostics self test.  Therere is a "Pages printed" that contains 4 counts, including the one you want.

Mark Finger

HP Recommended

@cernicalo54 wrote:

Thank you for responding to my question.  I have not tried to refill the ink cartridges yet.  I have bought remanufactured/refilled cartridges.  Can you explain to me how I go about finding the page count?  Is it on the printer itself, or do you go through the computer?  Thanks again.

Hi, I think the Print Quality Diagnostic report will show the page count. See Solution 4 in the link below

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01980797

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I too will never ever buy HP again! they have amazingly advanced machines, too advanced.

I seem to be working for the Bloody machine! give me A machine that WILL allow me to fill ink in a tank rather than coplicated cartridges that involve hi tec in their manufature (not very echo-friendly!) - I would agree to pay more for a machine that is more echo-friendly and more customer friendly rather that HP friendly!. The prices of the ink cartridges are prohibitive, they run out in a jiffy and the **bleep** machine keeps checking itself, aligning itself and most annoying - getting stuck just when i need the stupid thing most, not to mention the waste of ink when it cleans the printheads!

NEVER AGAIN hp!!!!

HP Recommended

I have been using Epson printers for years. Great printers but the print heads clog on a regular basis, which uses lots of ink in the cleaning process. The next time [which will be soon] the print heads clog I'm ordering an HP printer. Some of you whiners are just to stupid or cheap to know a good printer when you see one. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended
I have noticed that once the page count is hit, the printer does not get out of sleep anymore when you send a print job to it. Is it the same thing for you? (I also have a CISS with hp8500). The only way around that seems to be to open & close the cartridge door. Then you can print...
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.  I haven't looked into how to find the page count.  Can you tell me how to find the page count?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@cernicalo54 wrote:

Thank you for replying.  I haven't looked into how to find the page count.  Can you tell me how to find the page count?  Thanks.

Hi, I think the Print Quality Diagnostic report will show the page count. See Solution 4 in the link below

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01980797

Please mark this post as Solved if it solves your query. Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Thank you.  But how do I mark this as solved?

HP Recommended

I too have replaced cartridges and still get catridge errors.  please advise

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.