Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, and I would like to know, How do I set up the date and time stamp that's underneath my printer screen continuously displaying Jan 00 00 00:00a.

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@misslady, 

HP has gone green, here is the guide you're looking for.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

did you try

setup > preferences >date and time

longer:

go to the embedded web server's ip address > settings >date and time

HP Recommended
Thank You!
HP Recommended
Re: How to set current date in 8600 All in One OfficeJet.

I found this answer at another URL, tried it, and it works.  Thanks to Shlomi.

Hi,

Below you may find the steps to set the Date and Time for your device:

1. On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup ( ).
  2. Touch the Down Arrow ( ), and then touch Preferences .
  3. Touch Date and Time: , and then touch the Up and Down Arrows ( ) to set the month, day, and year.
  4. Touch Done , and then touch the Return Arrow ( ) to return to the Main screen.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you...Thank you....Thank you

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Why couldn't I find this in the iinstructions that came with the printer?

HP Recommended

@misslady, 

HP has gone green, here is the guide you're looking for.

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot
HP Recommended

No problem. I'm glad I could help you resolve the issue. 

Also, thanks for the KUDOS!

HP Recommended

Your answer of "look in the Guide" has been of no help to me.

I looked in

Contents

Fax Setup

Troubleshooting

Index

and every other description I can think of.

Can you please answer the question???????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.