12-25-2008 09:17 AM
01-26-2009 05:24 AM
The way was hidden somewhere in the HP solution center:
1. Press the cancel and power buttons at the same time, while the printer is on.
2. Press the blue, green and gray buttons (in this order)
3. Change the menu options with grey button until you get to the "Resets" menu.
4. Press OK. "Country and Language reset" displays.
5. Press and hold OK for approx 2 seconds, then release. The printer will turn off.
6. Start the printer again - it should ask you to select language.
08-21-2009 09:37 AM
It seems my C4580 does not show Resets menu. I finally gave up changing the language setting. I bought one from amazon.co.jp. It came with 1-page supplement which says the printer is pre-set to Japanese mode. At the first power on, language/region setting did not appear. I presume HP Japan did some needless regional modifications.
It's so sad to have all the messages on the control panel and all the test printings and report printings are in Japanese.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)