Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,387 Views)

How to connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wireless

I would appreciate any help in connecting an HP Deskjet 2540 to my wireless device. I can't figure out how to print from my ipad while having the ipad connected to the internet. I either have to have the ipad connected to the printer or the wireless device. Thanks to all.
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (2,371 Views)

Re: How to connect HP Deskjet 2540 to wireless

[ Edited ]

The HP support page has the information.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.8% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,360 Views)

Please forgive me for not being more clear/specific with my issue. I am having to either connect the ipad to the Verizon WiFi device OR the printer, not both. This means that I CAN'T print while browsing the internet. Is there a process that will allow me to print while still having the ipad wirelessly connected to the Verizon wireless device and the printer simutaneously. Much thanks again for your help.
Student
Message 4 of 5 (221 Views)

I have set up printer to the iphone but how do i set it up to a lap top
Provost
Message 5 of 5 (214 Views)

Dhakr wrote:
Please forgive me for not being more clear/specific with my issue. I am having to either connect the ipad to the Verizon WiFi device OR the printer, not both. This means that I CAN'T print while browsing the internet. Is there a process that will allow me to print while still having the ipad wirelessly connected to the Verizon wireless device and the printer simutaneously. Much thanks again for your help.

That is correct.  You are using Wireless Direct in the printer.  Which means you can be on the Internet OR print, not both.  You need to disable Wireless Direct in the pritner and connect the printer to your router with the SSID and password like normal in order to do both. 

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.8% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation