10-07-2012 03:04 PM
I have a HP Officejet 4500 (not wireless) that is connected via USB to my desktop. I have a router that I use for my laptop. How can I configure my laptop/printer for shared printing?
10-07-2012 03:15 PM
Your printer actually has a NIC port (& USB port) therefore the best option is to connect it to the router and you can share it from there. Page #13 of the following manual will show you how:
You only need a LAN cable to connect your printer to the router and configure from there.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)