Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the HP Deskjet 3000 and i just got a new modem and router and I can't figure out how to connect my printer. Somebody help please!

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

It would help to know what operating system and router.  Nevertheless, let's try this:

If Windows, go to Control Panel > Printers and delete all instances of thsi printer.

Next, go to Start > All Programs > HP > [your printer model] > Add a Device.  Follow the instructions.  Make sure a USB cable is NOT connected when you start this process.  The software will ask you to connect a USB cable during the re-installation. 

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

How about on a Mac computer with a new Verizon 'D-Link' router? I've tried for a while now, after installing the software CD again and trying to run the install steps, but it can never find my device: HP Photosmart C4780. I have the USB cord but it still does not connect. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

What version of OS X?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Before you start, restart your router by pulling its power plug momentarily.  Also, on the front of the printer go to Setup [Scan] > Wireless > Restore Defaults.

Next do not use the CD (never use them if you can help it), download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

Make sure the printer is NOT connected by USB when you start this process.  Eventually the software will ask you to plug in a USB cable temporarily.  Do not do so until the software asks you to do so.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I did all that you told me, and even so, when I finally do get to the step in the installing software where I am prompted to find the device I want, and to then plug in the USB, it still does not find the device. Screen shot 2013-07-03 at 8.24.19 PM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-03 at 8.25.40 PM.png

HP Recommended

I would guess that your new router does not support Bonjour, which your Mac needs to install and use the printer.  Have you contacted Verizon about it?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

i had a new Telstra modem installed and now printer HP 6520 does not work  

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.