Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Every time I change the cartridge of my Officejet Pro 8600, I get 2 pop-up windows about some "HP Rewards" program:

Rewards.jpg

It's really annoying. I don't care about HP Rewards, I just wanna print.

Please tell me how I can uninstall or disable these windows.

Thanks in advance

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One option completely uninstall the HP software and then using the Apple HP printer drivers. Here are the steps if you would like to try that: 

1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ and then click on “HP Uninstaller”

2. Next click “Continue”

3. Highlight the device on the left pane.

4. Press and hold control+alt+command on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on “Uninstall”.

5. After you do this, you will see a pop up that asks you if you want to uninstall all HP software. Please note, that in doing this, it will remove any other HP printers that you also have installed.

6. Click “continue” and wait for the program to finish.

7. After it completes, reboot your computer.

Once the computer is back on, do the following steps:

WARNING: This is will delete all of your printers.

1. Go into “System Preferences” and then select either  “Print & Scan” or "Print & Fax".

2. Right click (or control + click) on the rectangle listing your printers and then select “Reset Printing System”. 

After you have reset the printing system, let's make sure you have the most recent HP driver package installed.

You can do this two ways. First,  check for any available HP Update's by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update. If there are any updates available, they should show up here. However, if the printer is connected by USB, it will not show any available updates. The other option is downloading the drivers from Apple's website.

You can download it here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL907/en_US/HPPrinterDrivers2.14.dmg

Once you have downloaded the driver package and completed the installation, you will want to plug your printer back in (if you were using a USB connection).  After the printer is plugged back in, go into your print settings under System Preferences > Print & Scan. To add the printer, click the plus sign. You should see your printer listed here. If not, click "Add Printer or Scanner." Click the name of your printer and then click "Use:” box.  Make sure that says the name of your printer and not AirPrint. If you are using the printer wirelessly, make sure that the printer "Kind:" is set to Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction. Click "Add" down in the bottom right hand corner.

This will add your printer back using the most recent HP print driver available through Apple. Let me know if this helps resolve your issue or not. If it doesn't, let me know I will see what else I can do.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Dan, check out this post on a similar topic about removing pop up msgs...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Annoying-pop-up-about-Genuine-HP-Vivera-cartri...

That work?

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

That work?

WHAT WORKED?

I use a Mac and you give me a link where they talk about the registry...

Can someone call an HP employee who is speaking for HP please.

HP Recommended

Shame it didn't work. 

There's an email support form for HP Rewards you could try out...

https://h30509.www3.hp.com/Rewards/Support

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi Dan,

Have you tried clicking the gear icon at the bottom left part of the pop-up and check if there are any settings over there?

Otherwise try opening the HP Utility and click the Message Center icon.

Click the settings button and check to show only errors or errors and warnings, then check if that may help.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have tried EVERYTHING.  

I am using a mac. That means: when the ink is low, I replace the cartridge and it should WORK. it should not ask me anything else. It should not ask me to do a survey. It should not ask me if I want any rewards. It should not open multiple windows all the time.

So HP stop ask me filling up surveys that you don't read. AND stop these annoying unnecessary pop-up windows!

I JUST WANNA PRINT!

For your info, here's the setting panel on your annoying pop-up window:

Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 10.16.04 AM.png

HP Recommended

One option completely uninstall the HP software and then using the Apple HP printer drivers. Here are the steps if you would like to try that: 

1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ and then click on “HP Uninstaller”

2. Next click “Continue”

3. Highlight the device on the left pane.

4. Press and hold control+alt+command on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on “Uninstall”.

5. After you do this, you will see a pop up that asks you if you want to uninstall all HP software. Please note, that in doing this, it will remove any other HP printers that you also have installed.

6. Click “continue” and wait for the program to finish.

7. After it completes, reboot your computer.

Once the computer is back on, do the following steps:

WARNING: This is will delete all of your printers.

1. Go into “System Preferences” and then select either  “Print & Scan” or "Print & Fax".

2. Right click (or control + click) on the rectangle listing your printers and then select “Reset Printing System”. 

After you have reset the printing system, let's make sure you have the most recent HP driver package installed.

You can do this two ways. First,  check for any available HP Update's by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update. If there are any updates available, they should show up here. However, if the printer is connected by USB, it will not show any available updates. The other option is downloading the drivers from Apple's website.

You can download it here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL907/en_US/HPPrinterDrivers2.14.dmg

Once you have downloaded the driver package and completed the installation, you will want to plug your printer back in (if you were using a USB connection).  After the printer is plugged back in, go into your print settings under System Preferences > Print & Scan. To add the printer, click the plus sign. You should see your printer listed here. If not, click "Add Printer or Scanner." Click the name of your printer and then click "Use:” box.  Make sure that says the name of your printer and not AirPrint. If you are using the printer wirelessly, make sure that the printer "Kind:" is set to Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction. Click "Add" down in the bottom right hand corner.

This will add your printer back using the most recent HP print driver available through Apple. Let me know if this helps resolve your issue or not. If it doesn't, let me know I will see what else I can do.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks Kyle_W! I did uninstall it before but apparently not completely!

So I followed your very well detailed step by step...  and so far...  no more pop-ups!

So Thanks again and best regards!

Dan

HP Recommended

@dwallent wrote:

Hello,

Every time I change the cartridge of my Officejet Pro 8600, I get 2 pop-up windows about some "HP Rewards" program:

Rewards.jpg

It's really annoying. I don't care about HP Rewards, I just wanna print.

Please tell me how I can uninstall or disable these windows.

Thanks in advance

Dan

HP Recommended

Hi ctambur111,

From what I gather you are having the same issue as previously posted in this thread. To clarify if we do need to complete further troubleshooting steps, have you completed the all the troubleshooting steps in the above post from Kyle_W?

Please let me know how those steps worked out for you. Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.