Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8620 All in one printer
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I would like to perform a full factory reset on this printer.  

I recently moved and need to connect to a new WIFI sytem, but the printer keeps saying that the printer has been locked by the administrator.  I AM the administrator and have never set up an admin password (nor can I find that option on the HP website where I an logon to my account, etc to even unlock the printer).  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Maybe you can try the reset suing different method. I have found this in the link below but Im not sure if this can help:

http://resetprinters.com/how-to-reset-the-hp-officejet-pro-8600-premium-all-in-one-printer/

1. Press back button 4 times until you see Support menu

2.  Scroll until you see Reset Menu (press right button in thr control panel)

3 Under the resets menu, you will find the  different types of resets, the partial reset, semi-full reset. Select the appropriate type of reset you need, and your Printer should start resetting itself.

The partial Reset

The partial reset basically just refreshes the Printer and clears out unneeded memory from the printer. This type of resets fixes minor printing issues such as slow printing, cartridge errors, etc..

The Semi-Full Reset

The Semi-Full Reset is the most useful type of reset. However, this clears out all the custom setting from your printer and returns if to its default factory settings. Use this reset if the partial reset does not fix your issue.

Full Reset

The full reset is the most powerful reset. If all other reset procedures is not working you can do this. However, it is not recommended as it really clears deep settings from your printer and any interruption on the reset process may render your printer unusable.

Let me know if this one works for you.

I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi EastCafe

Thank you for contacting HP Forum.

To do a factory reset please follow the below steps.

1. Go to Setup Icon at main Menu of the Control Panel of your Printer

2. Select Tools

3. Select Restore Factory Default.

Hope this helps.

Accept solution if this help you to solve the issue or click Kudos to give thanks.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. 🙂

I get the message "the feature has been locked by your Administrator or the person who set up the printer."

Unfortunately, I am the one who originally set up the printer.  There is no option on the website where I'm registered, to access anything but printer cartridges, etc.

I really need to set this up on my new wifi, but I can't bypass this message.

HP Recommended

I can log onto the HP Connected website and see my printer.  Not really any help there at all.  No options to reset or manage the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi

Maybe you can try the reset suing different method. I have found this in the link below but Im not sure if this can help:

http://resetprinters.com/how-to-reset-the-hp-officejet-pro-8600-premium-all-in-one-printer/

1. Press back button 4 times until you see Support menu

2.  Scroll until you see Reset Menu (press right button in thr control panel)

3 Under the resets menu, you will find the  different types of resets, the partial reset, semi-full reset. Select the appropriate type of reset you need, and your Printer should start resetting itself.

The partial Reset

The partial reset basically just refreshes the Printer and clears out unneeded memory from the printer. This type of resets fixes minor printing issues such as slow printing, cartridge errors, etc..

The Semi-Full Reset

The Semi-Full Reset is the most useful type of reset. However, this clears out all the custom setting from your printer and returns if to its default factory settings. Use this reset if the partial reset does not fix your issue.

Full Reset

The full reset is the most powerful reset. If all other reset procedures is not working you can do this. However, it is not recommended as it really clears deep settings from your printer and any interruption on the reset process may render your printer unusable.

Let me know if this one works for you.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Awesome!  This fully corrected my problem!

I'm SO thankful!  I thought I'd have to go out and buy a new printer!

Thanks again for your help...much appreciated.

Eric

HP Recommended

Good to hear that Eric.

It was nice serving you.

Click Kudos to give Thanks 🙂

Regards,

Edel

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

This article helped reset the HP Officejet Pro 8718.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

HP 8630 Reset

In the Panel, to the rightist, find :     Setup -> Tools  down to Factory Rest .

HP Recommended
I have a HP DeskJet 3630 and it keeps saying I have a paper jam or tray error. There is definitely no paper jam, I don’t know what to do?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.