Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wife uses a HP Officejet 5610xi all-in-one, with Windows Vista 32-bit system. She's trying to enlarge a document to scan and print. I've used HP software to scan and resize, but it doesn't seem to enlarge the scan and print. Obviously, I've failed, and if someone has a simple "how to" solution it would be very much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you doing scan and print (such as photocopy) at the same time or you print a scanned file ? You can always adjust a scanned file/document before a print job using shrink or enlarge to fit from the application(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks BH,  Issue involved scanning a small document and trying to enlarge for printing. This maybe be strange, but we were following HP help instructions by placing the document on left side on the glass and it wouldn't enlarge in the scan software. However, experimented by placing the document on the right side, and scanned document; it enlarged and was successful in printing.  A puzzlement!  Again, thanks for taking the time to help.

HP Recommended

I would like to enlarge a document for printing.  I've scanned it but can't seem to figure out how to enlarge it to 8x11.

HP Recommended

The answer was not clear to me and I was unable to access more than one.

HP Recommended

I need to enlarge document,   how do I do it?

HP Recommended

I need to know how to enlarge a scanned photo before printing on my HP Officejet 8600.  

HP Recommended

@KLINKER72 wrote:

I need to know how to enlarge a scanned photo before printing on my HP Officejet 8600.  

Hi,

No, you can't enlarge or reduce the originals during scan but you can use ANY image/photo editor to resize scanned images/photos.

When print, you also can get option to print large, small or to fit to paper size. The print software which came with the printer allows you to do that. Its name is HP Photo Creations. If it is not on your computer, please download from the following link and install it on your machine:

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How can I enlarge a scan for printing or attachment to an e-mail?

HP Recommended

@Arcturus37 wrote:

How can I enlarge a scan for printing or attachment to an e-mail?

Hi,

1. For print: Printing software will do this for you, you can print smaller, larger .... using the following software (should come with new printers):

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

Please download it and install to your computer.

2. For email: no need to enlarge because this will make attachments " heavier" . Recipient(s) will do this for you.

Regards.

BH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.