08-08-2010 05:42 PM
Like it says up in the subject, I need to know how to do this. I tried to do it by typing in the IP of the printer into a browser, but then I lost connectivity with it all together. If someone could help, that would be amazing!!
Thanks in advance!
08-08-2010 05:51 PM
The only way I can think of to do this is by logging into the Embedded Web Server(EWS) of the printer. You can either type the IP into the browser, or right-click on the Digital Imaging Monitor icon in your system tray, selecting your printer, and then select Open EWS. You'll need to enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway as well a Primary DNS Server.
08-09-2010 08:59 AM
First, let's see if your printer is actually connected to your network.
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address. If it is 0.0.0.0 or 169.254.x.x then the printer is not connected. You will have to re-connect it using the same method you did originally.
Now that it is connected, this is how to set a static IP:
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings. (if this does not work, you likely have a firewall and/or security system blocking it - please advise).
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know this, enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Click 'Apply'
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
I am employed by HP
09-10-2012 01:52 PM
On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Wireless Network Test
I am employed by HP