05-14-2014 09:30 AM
It's possible the printer can't recognise the non HP ink. Often the quality & reliability isn't as good as original. You could try cleaning as described in the link HERE. Failing that, either switch to original HP or return the remans to the place of purchase.
- Figure 12: Cartridge contacts1 - Cartridge contacts
- Inspect the contacts for ink and debris buildup.
- Wipe the contacts with a swab until no debris remains on them.
FYI some links on this topic if you're interested....
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)