Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
My hp envy 5660 stopped responding. It won't even turn on. I tried power cycling it and even tried plugging it to different outlets but still won't turn on. The light on the back of the printer is on but nothing happens when I press the power button. It's brand new and It was working just fine the day before. Not sure what I can do.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Acastelo15,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I see that your HP Envy 5660 printer will not turn on, and I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Printer Does Not Turn On, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Did you ever resolve your issue of printer not turning on? Asking because mine is just a couple months old and did exact same thing. Light on back is on and just one day the power button won't turn the printer on. Did all the troubleshooting. 😕
HP Recommended

My HP Envy 5660 printer only turns on when the power cord is removed from the wall and then reinserted. This printer has an internal power module. The associated light is on. I have tried all the tests suggested by HP without success. My suspicion is that the power module is faulty, or else needs to be reset if that is possible. The warrantee has expired. Comments?

HP Recommended

No...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.