08-20-2013 12:39 AM - edited 08-20-2013 12:46 AM
Hey, has anyone taken their C8100 into a hp repair place and gotten the bad capacitors or whatever is wrong that causes this recycling-on/off-with-no-end PROBLEM fixed? If so, how much did it cost?
I'm not handy enough to open my machine, find the faulty part and start sodering in new ones. Not gonna happen.
Is the repair visit fix less expensive than a new machine? Let me know -- if anyone has tried REPAIR SERVICE. Thanks!
11-23-2013 07:09 AM - edited 11-23-2013 07:14 AM
-disconnect power supply.
-reconnect power supply.
-hold print, remove-red-eye and cancel button while the screen isn't turned off.
-When the screen is black, press the power button to turn off the printer
-Then press power button again to power on, and select country and language.
-The printer work fine!
04-20-2014 04:35 PM
Hi ! Not sure has Your problem has been solved and i understand You have posted this message 3 years ago but decided to post what i have done anyway.
1. Find new PCB and replace the unit - cost 95 dollars or 60 pounds avaiable only in USA. (if you live somwhere else You need to add quite high delivery charge by UPS)
2. Open Your printer...disconnect and remove your old PCB...look up for swallen or leaking capacitors... Unsolder them, replace with new ones. Place everything back and Your printer is ready to use. Thats what i have done and it's all working fine .Cost 3 pounds if you know what You are doing.
I went for second option as didn't want to spend double the price for delivery.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)