Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to connect my photosmart 26110 printer to my home wireless network. Following the online instructions, I find when I get to the network menu on the printer, I do not have a network setup option. So now what?

The printer is currently connect to a PC via USB. I want to wirelessy network this printer so that my Mac can print to it too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

LAN stands for Local Area Network.  This is your home network.  WAN stands for Wide Area Network.  This is the connection port for your ISP, or in other word, where the Internet connection from Verizon should connect.  It shouldn't be to hard to get the Macbock to install the printer over the network.  The document below will walk you through the process.  Let me know what happens.

Installing the Product Software in Mac OS X for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It looks like this printer only supports cables ethernet and Bluetooth.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00216793

You could connect it to your network wireless router (access point) with an ethernet cable.  Then your wireless devices should be able to discover and print to it.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
HP Recommended

Hi this is exactly what I want to do with my hp all in one photosmart 2610! Print documents etc. wirelessly from my windows laptop and android smartphones.. I read in the manual about how only the bluetooth adaptor supports photos from mobile phones but doesnt support any kind of computers.  I was searching the web until it brought me here and i saw this thread and your comment.. the ethernet and wireless router solution sounds good... i would like more information on how to do this please! 

HP Recommended

Someone help me please, I need instructions as to how to connect my HP photosmart 2610 to my router and being able to wirelessly print from my Macbook. I'm just not computer savy and I dont get what I'm suppose to do

HP Recommended

Is that the standard 2610, the 2610v, or the 2610xi?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Standard 2610, I have a verizon Fios wireless router, I connected the ethernet cable from the back of the printer to a free ethernet input in the back of the router. Also should it be plugged in under "LAN" or "WAN" in the router, im not sure what the difference is.

I just dont know what to once im on my Macbook, I did install the software by connecting the printer via USB to my macbook but now the printer, its connected back to my regular home PC. I just dont know how to locate the printer off my Macbook.
HP Recommended

LAN stands for Local Area Network.  This is your home network.  WAN stands for Wide Area Network.  This is the connection port for your ISP, or in other word, where the Internet connection from Verizon should connect.  It shouldn't be to hard to get the Macbock to install the printer over the network.  The document below will walk you through the process.  Let me know what happens.

Installing the Product Software in Mac OS X for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection

Signature
HP Recommended

Same issue here as well.

MAC OS X 10.6, HP2610.

Downloaded software and I am able to print to printer while my Macbook is connected via Ethernet.

Unable to print via Wireless, HP Utility says device is offline.

Checked IP address etc and all seems to correlate.

Install of HP2610 was done whilst the Ethernet was connected to the Macbook and it seemed to work well.

Is there anything else missing?????

Perplexed and confused as I want this to work on Wireless.

Any help will be appreciated.

HP Recommended
By the way, when reconnecting Ethernet, the print job sent wirelessly get printed....hmmmmm..
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.