Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There, I can't get my HP Pavilion computer that's running Windows 10 to print wirelessly with my new printer. I can't get my Macbook Pro to print wirelessly either. I can't get the printer to work even with a USB cable attached to my Macbook.  I've tried numerous trouble shooting methods , but no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Drumsmith.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@drumsmith

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY 4527 printer. I understand that you have you are unable to print from your computer wirelessly and using USB cable you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. I appreciate your effort.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Are you getting any error message while printing on printer display or computer?

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer and the computer.

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.