03-20-2013 10:02 AM
My computer (HP Pavilion g6 laptop) is running Windows 7.
Do I have to have a separate wireless router for my printer besides my DSL modem (with built-in wireless router)?
I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet, or to connect between the printer and the computer.
03-21-2013 01:11 PM
I will need a little more information to help out with your connectivity issue. Are you getting any error message when you try to print such as "No printer found" or "Printer is offline" when you attempt to print? What is the IP address of the printer? What is the default gateway? I would start by downloading and using the HP Print & Scan Dr. It is a tool that was designed to diagnose and resolve many common printing, scanning and connectivity issues. I hope that this helps.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)