Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have replaced the main motor  assembly and the DC controller and the cartridge, but it has not helped.

any ideas?

thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jankster2,

Typically a 59.xx error message is due to a temporary printing error occurred and requires you to cycle power on the printer. The 59 error is associated with a main motor failure. There are a couple parts you need to look at listed below.

1. Cable connections on the DC Controller PCA

2. Run Service test, and provide me the code

The service test verifies that the print engine is functioning correctly. This test is very useful for

isolating printer problems. The test can be performed with that paper-handling accessories attached,

but it will not activate any of the accessory motors, switches, or sensors.

To perform a service test

1 Turn off the printer.

2 Make sure that the paper path of the printer is clear of all media, and that the left, front, and right

doors are closed.

3 Open tray 2 and tray 3.

4 Turn on the printer, and when the printer is ready press to open the menus.

5 Use or to scroll to CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press .

6 Use or to scroll to DIAGNOSTICS, and then press .

7 Use or to scroll to SERVICE TEST, and then press . The service test can take up to two

minutes to complete. The message PERFORMING SERVICE TEST appears on the control panel.

8 When the test is complete, the message SERVICE TEST PASSED appears on the control panel, or

up to five sets of four-digit numbers appear on the control panel. If no abnormalities were noted,

(0000 0000 0000 0000 0000) appears. If abnormalities were noted, the four-digit code or codes

appear in parentheses (0101 0111 0132 0000 0000). Write down these codes

3. It could be the registration assembly or main motor causing the jamming.

If this still doesn't help I would consider having an HP Authorized service technician come out and diagnose the error.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Jankster2,

Typically a 59.xx error message is due to a temporary printing error occurred and requires you to cycle power on the printer. The 59 error is associated with a main motor failure. There are a couple parts you need to look at listed below.

1. Cable connections on the DC Controller PCA

2. Run Service test, and provide me the code

The service test verifies that the print engine is functioning correctly. This test is very useful for

isolating printer problems. The test can be performed with that paper-handling accessories attached,

but it will not activate any of the accessory motors, switches, or sensors.

To perform a service test

1 Turn off the printer.

2 Make sure that the paper path of the printer is clear of all media, and that the left, front, and right

doors are closed.

3 Open tray 2 and tray 3.

4 Turn on the printer, and when the printer is ready press to open the menus.

5 Use or to scroll to CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press .

6 Use or to scroll to DIAGNOSTICS, and then press .

7 Use or to scroll to SERVICE TEST, and then press . The service test can take up to two

minutes to complete. The message PERFORMING SERVICE TEST appears on the control panel.

8 When the test is complete, the message SERVICE TEST PASSED appears on the control panel, or

up to five sets of four-digit numbers appear on the control panel. If no abnormalities were noted,

(0000 0000 0000 0000 0000) appears. If abnormalities were noted, the four-digit code or codes

appear in parentheses (0101 0111 0132 0000 0000). Write down these codes

3. It could be the registration assembly or main motor causing the jamming.

If this still doesn't help I would consider having an HP Authorized service technician come out and diagnose the error.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen this come up numerous times and I have replaced the drum motor assembly every time and the problem was solved.

Where are all of these SIMM's located, as far as the board?

My company uses the printers, but they are beyond the warranty period.

thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hi jankster2,

Review Message 2 of 12

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice, but I already swapped the PCA assembly and the motor and the problem still exists.

My printer is no longer under service contract, so i am on my own.

If anyone else has seen or head of this error, please advise.

thanks!!

Ken

HP Recommended

The 50.XX error has gone away, but i continue to get paper jammed in the Duplexor and/or paper path under the toner cartridge.

This jam occurs every 4-5 forms.

any idea?

thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a customer with the same problem I have replaced:

fuser

formatter

main drive assembly

main drive motor

drum unit

What is next, printer is out of warranty, and HP can only help so much.

Thanks

Rolf Siller

HP Recommended

Hi

Review Message 2 of 12

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

in This Case pLEASE cHECK YOUR SIMM.

HP Recommended

I too have been fighting this issue, replaced or tried from a working 9050; dc controller, formatter,toner cartridge, transfer assembly piu, fuser, duplexer,drum drive assembly... finally registration assembly fixed it.  Then a month later the registration assembly begins zfold jams accompanied by a 13.05 open front door error.  Found z folded paper right under toner cart, also reported 41.03 error because of course the paper is too small now for letter size. replaced registration assembly again worked about 2000 sheets then 13.05 error followed eventually by a hard 59.10 again page stalled right below toner with about an inch into the fuser. took it all apart again can not see anything wrong with all these new parts reinstalled same 59.10.  Have ordered a new OEM registration unit and piu to arrive monday.  I am not at all confident in this course of action.  any thoughts?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.