Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the above HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709 and an HP G70-460US Notebook PC running on my wireless network.  I would like to print to this printer from my Ipad Air across the wireless net.  I have loaded the HPePrint app on my Ipad and the Ipad sees the printer but when I try to print to it I get the message "No Printer Found".  Can I get it to work or is the printer too old?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. This printer doesn't support AirPrint.

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi,

You need to connect your iPad to the same network as your HP OfficeJet 6500 printer in order to print from iPad using HP ePrint app.  Refer to this document for more information on using HP ePrint app:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01923321.

I am an HP employee, but I am speaking for myself.
HP Recommended

Hi larryec!  

I have this printer at home and while I mostly use it to print from laptops it should work they way that you want it to. :generic: 

Here is a link to the HPePrint app support article that has some key info.  The main thing is to make sure that the HPePrint app is "activated" through an email confirmation.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6500-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/3795309/model/3...

Also it really helps if both the printer and the iPad Air are on the same wireless network.  

Let us know if this work!  

Todd_T

I am an HP Employee

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Do you see AirPrint logo on the printer? If not, then this printer doesn't support AirPrint.  

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n does not support AirPrint.  The slightly newer HP OfficeJet 6500A E710 does.   

HP Recommended

I have two replies that say that this printer is not airprint capable so they say that it won't work.  Is that correct?  If so, I'll stop trying.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes. This printer doesn't support AirPrint.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi larry,

You can try using HP ePrint app to print from your iPad as it does not rely on Apple AirPrint compatibility to work.  HP ePrint app works with most legacy printers that support PCL3GUI.  Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.