Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 63 black

Yesterday, when the original 63 black 'set up' cartridge ran out of ink, I purchased an hp black 63 ink cartridge (about $18.00 from WalMart) for my new HP DeskJet 2132. But, I keep getting the message:

Incompatible Ink Cartridges

-----Black

My first thought is the ink cartridge has a malfunction/QC/QA issue. 

Should I accept that a certain percentage of ink cartridges don't work and I should buy several cartridges at a time and return the ones that don't work?  Or, is there a way to fix this cartridge?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the cartridge rejection for the HP 63 cartridges in your Deskjet 2132 printer.  It is possible to have a defective cartridge but it is rare - should be well below 1%.

The HP cartridges do have a warranty, see the document here for information.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Bob.  I had gone through the troubleshooting process but it still wasn't recognized by the printer.  I called hp and they are sending me a cartridge and will talk to me when I install it.  Also a 'hardware' technician asked me if I received a low ink message that showed how much ink was left.  I did not.  Maybe a hardware problem...?

HP Recommended

There would not be a low ink message on a cartridge that was detected as incompatible.  Have you received the replacement cartridge yet?  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.