03-14-2011 07:57 PM
Screen reads CARTRIDGE ERROR "Refer to Device Documentation" yellow exclamation point is flashing
I continue to 'troubleshoot' this problem. I have completed every task offered in the manual, from cleaning the cartridges, to checking their connectivity to unpluging the printer ad nauseum; nothing works. I am left with "Refer to Device Documentation" as a directive. What exactly is the meaning of 'device documentation" ? Anyone know? It's all I have left as a clue to what is wrong with my printer, which will not print anything, and is unable to print a diagnostic because of this error. HELP! I don't want to have to purchase another printer!
03-15-2011 05:15 AM
Pull out the cartridges and check the date to see if they are expired. This can be a sympthom of to old cartridges.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)