Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

please help i get this system error on my pc and i power off and it still happens...i just put in all NEW INK CARTRIDGES

HP Recommended

@meazel wrote:

please help i get this system error on my pc and i power off and it still happens...i just put in all NEW INK CARTRIDGES

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have a c5180 aio.  Is there a way to cue that up for your super cure? I don't have the keyboard .

HP Recommended

willzap,

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Where do you start when you enter this sequence?   What application or window are you in on your computer?

HP Recommended

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This worked for my HP Photosmart C7180. Thanks Again! Yeah!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart C6150 All-in-One Printer and the error code Oxc18a0306 just came on the screen indicating Ink System Failure and I see from this forum a number of other people had the problem as well with this very code but no where in the conversations I found was the solution listed, just a lot of people saying that what ever they received worked. How do I find that missing part of the conversation? Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Littlewolf1109 wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart C6150 All-in-One Printer and the error code Oxc18a0306 just came on the screen indicating Ink System Failure and I see from this forum a number of other people had the problem as well with this very code but no where in the conversations I found was the solution listed, just a lot of people saying that what ever they received worked. How do I find that missing part of the conversation? Thanks.

The likely suspects would be the post here and from the link here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

You are the Genius,  I tried so many ways to fix the printer. 10 hours of trying to find a solution! I was ready to give up than I read your solution and it worked! My printer is working perfectly. Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@raphael nikolai wrote:

Hi there!

I made a collection of solution for this issue a few months back. It has helped resolved a lot of ink system failures upto this date. You might want to check it out.

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/ink-system-failure-error-0xc18a-hp/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.