Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On HP C7280 I get frequent 'Ink System Failure: Error: 0xc19a0035  On screen instruction  to 'Turn power off and on again'.  This works, with a lot of start up activity but after turn on there is the warning:  Improper shutdown.  What is going on, how do I get help, this is very annoying.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I have much the same symptoms with a C6380, including an identical error message.  This has been happening for a couple of months, before which the printer has worked admirably for two or three years.  Can there have been a software change - a driver, or something, which has recently provoked this error?

HP Recommended

This article should help resolve the error you are getting:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Give the steps a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Thank you, JohnB.  It seems like a plausible explanation, and the document is very clear about what needs to be done.  I'll give it a try.

HP Recommended

I started getting exactly the same symptoms, a couple of months ago, with a printer C7280 about 4 years old, which worked just fine until now. It still works fine, but now I have to do a lot of restarting.

The documents referred to below is useless. It asks me to go through steps which do not resolve anything. And then it says, if it doesn't help, your printer needs service.

But the printer works just fine. I don't want to take it to be serviced if it prints without any problems. It's just that this error message is very annoying. There must be a simpler way to get rid of this message.

HP Recommended

I have gone through this message and cleaned my print head.  There was a lot of ink on the printhead. Then I checked out the area where the printer carriage settles. The sponge and reservoir where the excess ink is supposed to fall was coated with ink.  The instructions might want to include a thorough checking over and cleaning of the holding area for the printhead as well.

HP Recommended
staceyrx,

Thanks for the great input! I am sure this will help out others in the community :).
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended
Worked on a Photosmart C7250 All in One
HP Recommended

Please let me know how to repair or adjust my printer from Ink System Failure Error Pxc19a0035. I have to turn off and restart my printer each time I want to print and then it prints great. I did get a warning that my ink had expired and I did replace it. All along my printer was working great and giving me wondeful color printing.

Please advise me as to what I need to do.

HP Recommended

@TL197281 wrote:

Please let me know how to repair or adjust my printer from Ink System Failure Error Pxc19a0035. I have to turn off and restart my printer each time I want to print and then it prints great. I did get a warning that my ink had expired and I did replace it. All along my printer was working great and giving me wondeful color printing.

Please advise me as to what I need to do.

Hi, which printer model do you have?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.