Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer is about 2 years old and I have gotten a "Ink System Failure" report, error 0xc18a0305. I did the 4 steps HP told me to do (unplug, restart, etc...) but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? If it needs service, who do I call? HELP.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart gave me the same error although the first error was a carriage return error.  The was no paper jam or carriage jam.  After clearing that error I received a second error.

Ink system failure.  Oxc18a0001.  I attempted to reset the printer a number of times using the OK, cancel, black, color button.  It did not clear the error the first two times I tried the reset.  I removed all of the ink cartridges and I discovered that one of the ink cartridges was empty despite the ink gauge saying it was full.  

I replaced the empty ink cartridge and reset the printer.  It worked.  Then failed as another ink cartridge was very low on ink.  Replacing the second ink cartridge and reseting the printer again seemed to resolve the problem.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
If you are in the US, you can call this number: 1-800-474-6836...
Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
HP Recommended

Hello there Kelly,

Please check out this link for the Ink System Failure problem.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/39471  

These are from the link above: 

Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the 3310 off. Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and then turn it back on. You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate.

Our HP 3310 was having the same ink system failure. Tried everything I could find, and had just about given up when I found this forum. I didn't quite get the reset right the first time, but on the second try it worked. After holding down OK, Cancel, Black and Color buttons while turning it off, I turned it back on, it turned itself off and I turned it back on again, it started off doing the calibration and it took about 5 minutes, but when it was finished I had a working printer again.

Hope this works for you. Please let us know.

P.S. This was also sent to AJ...lol

kiwipint

Message Edited by kiwipint on 12-31-2008 02:25 PM
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart gave me the same error although the first error was a carriage return error.  The was no paper jam or carriage jam.  After clearing that error I received a second error.

Ink system failure.  Oxc18a0001.  I attempted to reset the printer a number of times using the OK, cancel, black, color button.  It did not clear the error the first two times I tried the reset.  I removed all of the ink cartridges and I discovered that one of the ink cartridges was empty despite the ink gauge saying it was full.  

I replaced the empty ink cartridge and reset the printer.  It worked.  Then failed as another ink cartridge was very low on ink.  Replacing the second ink cartridge and reseting the printer again seemed to resolve the problem.  

HP Recommended

IT WORKED!!!!!! Thanks.......:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
Fantastic it works thanks everyone. Mine is pretty old but worked well and really didnt want to replace it. I'm wrapped thanks
HP Recommended
IT WORKED!!!! TYVM
HP Recommended

This worked for me!

Almost gave up.

Thanks a lot!

Difficult to find it though....

Macpieter

HP Recommended

Kiwipint...

OK, Cancel, Black and Color buttons while turning it off, I turned it back on, it turned itself off and I turned it back on again, it started off doing the calibration and it took about 5 minutes

Factory Reset...Brilliant!

HP Recommended

Have a Photosmart AIO 3310, showed error message 0xc18a0205.

Tried various ways, e.g. press+hold *, then press # while still holding, then enter "special keys" (there are quite a few, 123, 124,125,127,128, all gave different menus), but none did the trick.

But your suggestions helped 🙂

Great, and many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.