05-14-2014 08:28 AM
I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer (warranty end date 9-19-2013) that was working fine until I had to replace all the ink cartridges. Now I am getting the printer message "Ink System Failure -- there is a problem with the printer or ink system." The computer message is "Missing or Failed Printhead Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black. The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed, or incompatible." I had previously refilled the cartridges at Costco and it worked fine, but it didn't this time when I had them refilled. So I bought brand new HP cartridges (spent $100) and still no luck? Thank you for your assistance.
05-14-2014 08:38 AM
While the printer is turned on try unplugging the power cord from the back of the unit and then connect it back again and see if it helps.
If this does not helps then please contact HP Support.
05-14-2014 08:42 AM
Perform the steps given in the link and this would resolve the issue
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)