Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8500 a910a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have changed all the ink cartridges in my printer except the magenta, and it still will not print the self test correctly.  How do I test for a bad print head?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Error message," cartridge faullty or incompatable witrh printer".  Replaced cartridge with authorized hp cartridge but printer still will not print.  Just repeats error message.     Tried shutting down overnight, unpluged connectors, but still get error msg.  What next? Anybody out there have this pproblem, how did you correct it?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Error message," cartridge faullty or incompatable witrh printer".  Replaced cartridge with authorized hp cartridge but printer still will not print.  Just repeats error message.     Tried shutting down overnight, unpluged connectors, but still get error msg.  What next? Anybody out there have this pproblem, how did you correct it?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.