Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently noticed that my printer started to leak some ink out of the right bottom corner.  Then I had to replace all 4 ink cartridges (All At Once), mind you we use the XL cartridges.  So after I replaced the cartridges I get an error message saying I need to replace all 4 colors again.  Re-installed the same ones and message went away only to see massive quantities of ink dripping out of the printer into our 2nd paper tray.  I've cleaned things and replaced the printheads and now I can print with it but it's leaking like a siv.  Anyone know what to do to fix this problem?  Please help!

50 REPLIES 50
HP Recommended

Hi rjlrls,

What model of 8500 do you have? (A909 or A910)

If you have the A910 and it is less than a year old or you purchased an extended warranty you need to call technical support to setup a service to have the printer repaired and cleaned. If you have the A909 model how much printing do you do with this printer on a daily basis?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

It's an A909

HP Recommended

Hi rjlrls,

how much printing do you do with this printer on a daily basis?

You can call our technical support and see what it would run to have the printer serviced and cleaned.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

{Content Removed} Most posts should never have to happen, warranty is poor, printer is useless, this one is leaking years before my last one did, should be easy to empty the waste ink or sort it out yourself as it is an issue that will always come up with these printers, any HP printer, sort it out HP.

HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

How much printing do you do with this printer on a daily basis?

You can call our technical support and see what it would run to have the printer serviced and cleaned.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hiya, I see part of my post got removed, HP have to understand the annoyance us users face, my last printer got an error that couldn't be fixed according to HP, I bought a new one, this 8500 pro, then I found a fix for the old printer and it worked fine, take it apart, unplug a few leads, stick it back together again, done job.

I could of saved buying a new printer, that one leaks too, it's a 3300.

The 8500 leaks too, it's about 2 years old, why do HP sell printers that don't have a proper waste bottle or container so it can be cleaned out and stop the overflow of old ink?

And another issue is it always taking an extra blank sheet through, all over the web people with the same issue, we eventually went through the rigamorole of ringing up, resetting the printer etc, no more extra sheets, for an hour or 2 anyway, then it's back again.

If all that does happen, error codes, leaking, within 2 or even 3 years it should be sorted by HP.

Hence me getting rattled about HP staff posting to sell me a clean and a service.

HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

For the issue with multiple pages being feed into the printer you will need to follow the steps in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01819143

The Officejet 8500 A909 printer has a Duty cycle: 7.5K pages/month. The spittoon is designed to handle this volume of printing during a given month.

What error messages are you getting from the printer?

How much do you printing each month?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hiya,

We print around 10-20 sheets per day, maybe on busier days 50 sheets a day max.

I assume the leak is waste ink from cleaning the head etc, so as we are using about 10% of it's pages capability so it sounds like we shouldn't have any leaks at all.

The error is on the old printer and was sorted using a tip off the internet for a similar printer, have to take it apart, unplug the data leads etc and it works again, that was quite a while ago now so I can't remember exact error message.

I'll check the link for extra pages going through blank and see if we can at least knock one issue on the head.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

That link is for another issue I would think.

The problem is it part takes in a sheet when it's printed something fine, the next time you print that sheet comes out blank, then it takes in the sheet to print to and prints fine, then takes part of the next sheet in afterwards etc etc etc.

On the telephone they got us to shut it down, maybe a few other things as a member of staff did all that, then powered up again and it only printed as it should, shortly afterwards though the issue returned.

So many people with the same issue it must be known to HP and I would of thought needs an update to cure it for all users.

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.