Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wo ist mein last post mein fuhrers?

Ink all over the printer tray, all over my desk, all over my shirt, all over everything, brought my old 3310 back in so you HP don't totally stop my business functioning, this one leaks a bit too but not as bad as the newer one.

You should leave posts up so people get a fair view of what HP products and support are like, deleting and silencing is a bit like how the nazis operated, and after watching tv the other night, are still operating right in the USA.

Here they would be shot, we didn't fight those for them to turn up behind our own lines decades later, granddad will always walk with a limp after his fight against them in WW2, and I would happily fight the new ones in the USA, disgraceful situation, bit like my printer/s

HP Recommended

wrong number, a very feint voice at hp said it should be 0844 369 0369

HP Recommended

ring that no, they say I need to buy a care pack, put me through to another dept, they say as ink is leaking it is a health and safety issue even though it's out of warranty and I need to be put through to complaints, I'm up to about 4 hours of lost time, so far, on a printer, as the 3310 and my 1220 c both leak ink too I'll put in a complaint for all.

Not sure why they see it as such an issue when the web and support is full of people with printers leaking ink!

3310, 8500, 1220, 990, T7100, T1300, that's just my printers, don't make an enemy out of a loyal user.

HP Recommended

Well, I'll have to eat my words, after an hour of this dept, that dept, then to another, HP are sending me a new printer on Monday.

How about that!

All UK users, if your HP printer is leaking ink it is a health and safety issue and you can have you printer replaced, even out of warranty, mine is 1 year out, they also offer that you can claim for damage of desks and clothing from the leak but I opted not to pursue that, as I'm a fair person, most of the time.

I can also try the same for the others that leak, 3310 all in one and even my older A3 1220c, as the guy said, yes all HP printers will eventually leak, so there is a major design flaw and at least HP admit it.

With my wide format printers have waste ink containers, when they are full you can remove them, empty them, put them back and you're good to go, this is exactly what the desktops need too as  with the waste ink not being able to cope with the amount of waste ink generated, even for light use as I do, negates the printer as fit for purpose.

Let's see a minimum of 3 year warranty please, and if it leaks at any time regardless of how old it is, or maybe limit it to 5 or 10 years, you can get it swapped out for free.

I'm a Happy Printer, or I should be again come Monday!

HP Recommended
I see now there are various 8500 pro, the lesser model than my A909g has a 3 year warranty in the UK, rubbish reviews on Amazon but does have a better warranty.
HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

Glad to hear this issue has been resolved. Have a wonderful weekend.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

The issue was resolved because we bought another printer!

HP Recommended

Hello RJ,

Firstly, sorry that I came in amongst your thread and got sorted out first, we both have the same issue so you would of thought we would of both got the same resolution, ie they are sending me a new printer arriving on Monday.

I clicked Kudos, whatever the heck that means, which I now take means clicking that means it is solved, on your post, apologies if that is the case, if it is then only the original poster should be able to click that it's solved.

I have ended up with more printers as when they fail and you need one, you don't have any choice but to buy another.

I did call HP in the end and if I had of done that from the start I could of had a new printer here last Monday or weeks ago, it's been leaking for weeks and weeks, did you call HP?

Did you tell them the ink was leaking and if so did you get the same help that I did?

I take it you're in the USA but why not ring HP, tell them what's happened, and if they don't offer you a new printer out of warranty as they did with me, I bought mine in Feb 2010 with a years warranty, ask them why in the UK the same issue results in a new printer.

Then you'll have 2 printers, my last printer had an error that apparently couldn't be fixed, I bought this 8500 A909g as being a small business we need to be able to print everyday, then found a workaround on the web for the error on my original printer, fixed it, then had a spare one which went home, and when this new one leaked all over the place it came back to work again.

The older one a 3310 all in one leaks too although not quite as bad, so does my dinosaur 1220c, the girl that I spoke to last when she said they would send me a new one Monday, I aksed well how far back can I go, I have the 3310, 1220, 990c that all leak ink out the bottom, she said she couldn't help with those but they may replace them too, she said she had just been told whatever she does just give me the new replacement printer andI'd have to go back to the start to find out about the others, which was an hour and a half I didn't have spare so I'm trying for the others next week.

A printer and all the tech and pollution that goes into making it, shouldn't have to go in the bin just because the waste ink container can't handle the waste ink, or if the print heads fail or whatever your issue is, your leak sounds different to mine, but it's still a leak. 

HP Recommended

And what printer did you get to replace it?

I was going to try Canon next as they get really good reviews on Amazon and alike, HP not fairing as well there, I like the HP brand and have used it forever but maybe best not to get stuck with a brand just because it's all you know as I have, hard to break out sometimes, good reviews have nearly swayed me away.

HP Recommended

New topic coming up for issues with installing replacement

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.