04-24-2010 11:05 AM
A few weeks ago every time I print I get the box that pops up and says the feature I am using "Market Research" requires disc in the link there is a 1.
This cause my printing to stop on both my printers - both HP printers. I can cancel it after 3 tries it will continue to print sometimes spitting out either blank pages or garbage.
I have tried Malware, AVG, Windows Defender, and none have found a virus. There are two sites that acknowledge the problem but expect me to purchase their services????
04-25-2010 02:42 AM - edited 04-25-2010 06:30 AM
Use the windows installer cleanup utility found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Remove the Market Research entry and restart you computer.
-- Also, here is an HP document which speaks of "similiar" issues http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
It is for a specific printer but this issue is not specific to any printer, it happens to lots of people with different software and occurs in many versions of windows. If you are installing/running the MS Installer Cleanup tool in Vista or Win7 you may need to right click and "run as administrator". Also in newer versions of windows it may not make a short cut in your start menu meaning you'll have to find it. Usually it installs to C:\Program files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe or if you have a 64bit version of printers C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe or very close to that path name.
- the above fix is intended to stop the market research pop-up from trying to continually install. If you still get garbage or blank pages after doing this then perhaps the print driver has become corrupt.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)