Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP H470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I've recently bought an H470 mobile printer and I downloaded the windows 10 software but when I try to install it, it fails on software installation. the error message is too long to fit into the msgbox so I'm not quite sure what the actual error is. but it is something to do with a disconnected.exe file.
My laptop is a samsung ativ book 9 lite win 10 64 bit. the downloaded file is OI_SF_H470_full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe

I chose the recommended settings and also other settings, even tried another file location but the exe file won't allow another file location for the driver.

Install begins, I click on install, Instllation program goes through "checking your system" and then presents window "Please allow all HP Processes", I click on next, presents "Review installation options" I leave everything as recommended,

check the agreements checkbox and click on next, green tick on Checking system, proceeds to preparing system for installation, then displays error msgbox with "C"\Users\Pen_000\AppData\Local\Temp\7zSOE3C\Setup\devicedisconnect.exe"-d..." at this point I have to click on "OK" and the installation terminates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Bob
Finally I got it to load.
I disabled my antivirus, created more space on my c drive by deleting files/uninstalling old programs.
Then I tried the downloaded driver from HP and had same failure
Then I tried installing the downloaded windows driver and hallelujah it worked.
Thanks for all your advice and help.

Kind regards

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The error you are seeing seems to be related to the check whether the device is connected.  Does the installer instruct you to install the USB cable at that point?  Generally for printers connected by USB the printer should not be connected until instructed by the installer.

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

If you are connecting the printer by wireless network the document here may help.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob thanks for the tip but already tried the scan doctor., didn't help. I'm trying to connect via USB, cable disconnected, installation doesn't get as far as installing the driver software. Tried to install software on my desktop and worked ok, only difference in computers that I can think of is that lapJtop doesn't have win 10 anniversary update

HP Recommended

One other thing to check - I see your laptop has usb 3.0 and usb 2.0 ports.  Make sure you are using the USB 2.0 port, I have seen cases where the USB 3.0 ports did not work even though they "should" be backward compatible.

[Edit - I just checked the user manual here, the port you want to use is the one on the right side while facing the screen.]

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Bob but the problem occurs before the driver is installed and before the printer is connected

HP Recommended

One other thing to try - there are Officejet h470 drivers built into Windows 10, available through Windows Update.  You might try the following: start at step two in the document here.  (It is written for Windows 7, the procedure for Windows 10 is similar, except at the beginning of the Add printer... stuff select "The printer I want is not listed".  When the time comes to pick a printer model hit the Windows Update box.  Wait a while (mayt be ten minutes or more) for the list to repopulate, then select HP for the manufacturer (not Hewlett-Packard or Hewlett Packard), then select HP Officejet H470 Series, Next, Next, Yes (if prompted for UAC) .   Go in and plug in the USB and change the port as described in the document.

h470 w10.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi Bob. Tried that too. windows would not install the driver from it's own listing either
I think that it's a Samsung problem and trying to get help from them is like trying to milk a bull

HP Recommended

It is very strange that the Windows Update drivers will not install either. Are there any error messages?  Is your computer set up on a domain, with group policies or other restrictions on installing software?  

One thing to try would be to log in as a user with administrator privileges and try the installation.

Finally, as administrator open a command window - click the Windows key, type cmd.exe.  When Command Prompt shows right click on it and select "Run as administrator".  When the Administrator: Command Prompt window opens click in that window, then type:

SFC /SCANNOW

This will perform a system file check.  It may take some time - perhaps fifteen minutes or more.  Did the check find (and correct) any errors?  If so try once again to install the driver, either from HP or the Windows Update driver.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi Bob
Finally I got it to load.
I disabled my antivirus, created more space on my c drive by deleting files/uninstalling old programs.
Then I tried the downloaded driver from HP and had same failure
Then I tried installing the downloaded windows driver and hallelujah it worked.
Thanks for all your advice and help.

Kind regards

Brian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.