Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4523
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just joined the program and signed up to 50 pages amonth but the offer was 3 months free 50 pages a month but I have printed 40 pages and on my account it says "40 pages£0.00(No charges for 300 pages a month during free trial)" is this correct or can I still only print the 50 pages ??

Thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @philig

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see you have a question about your Instant Ink subscription. I'd like to help out.

Log into your Instant Ink account. Click on My Plan.  You will see something like this. 

£3.49 plan Edit
Monthly pages 100
Rollover Pages Up to 100
Additional pages Set of 20 pages for £1.00
Billing for regular pages will start on 19 Mar 2016
1 month remaining with no charge for regular pages

This will let you know what plan you are on and how free many months are left.
If the monthly pages say 300 then you are on the 300 page plan, not the 50 page plan. 
If you click the edit button it will allow you to change the plan. 
you can choose to back this to the beginning of the current month (if you go up), or at the end of the current month (if you go up or down a plan) 

If you have any questions, or this does not resolve the issue, let me know.
If this resolves your issue, please click Accepted Solution. This will allow other people with the same issue to find the solution easily. If you wish to say thanks, feel free to click Kudos.  

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI @philig

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see you have a question about your Instant Ink subscription. I'd like to help out.

Log into your Instant Ink account. Click on My Plan.  You will see something like this. 

£3.49 plan Edit
Monthly pages 100
Rollover Pages Up to 100
Additional pages Set of 20 pages for £1.00
Billing for regular pages will start on 19 Mar 2016
1 month remaining with no charge for regular pages

This will let you know what plan you are on and how free many months are left.
If the monthly pages say 300 then you are on the 300 page plan, not the 50 page plan. 
If you click the edit button it will allow you to change the plan. 
you can choose to back this to the beginning of the current month (if you go up), or at the end of the current month (if you go up or down a plan) 

If you have any questions, or this does not resolve the issue, let me know.
If this resolves your issue, please click Accepted Solution. This will allow other people with the same issue to find the solution easily. If you wish to say thanks, feel free to click Kudos.  

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have a somewhat related question. 

New printer today, a OfficeJet 8710, that came with an offer of 3 months free instant ink. I signed up today with this offer for 100 pages/month @$4.99. 

The confusion I have is around billing start date.

Most instant ink descriptions say billing starts when the first instant ink cartridge is installed.  Reading the confirming email on the 3 month promotion is slightly confusing as to when the trial begins and the account web page is also lacking the information I need.  The email also describes 300 pages free each month during the trial.

Here is my questions:

Does my 3 months free trial start when I insert the first "instant ink" cartrige or does it start from today's signup date? Are the 300 pages free starting when I insert the cartridge or as of today using the startup ink cartridge? 

Thanks, Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.