06-05-2012 12:46 PM
I have Windows XP Pro sp3, wired connection to a cable modem/router. Just wondering which is better for my printer, the USB or Ethernet cable?
06-05-2012 09:37 PM - edited 06-05-2012 09:37 PM
Neither one will be better for the printer, than the other. It is just a matter of convenience for you. If you attach your printer to your modem/router with Ethernet, you will be able to print with a computer on an Ethernet OR wireless connection.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)