04-05-2014 12:49 AM - last edited on 04-07-2014 12:52 PM by eric-g
Today, I uninstalled and then reinstalled my all in one HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer software. My issue is as follows:
1. I configured the wireless information on my printer and it worked perfectly; however, my laptop (Dell XPS M1330) does not recognize the printer's configuration. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the all in one printer software several times and the laptop will not recognize the wireless printer and allow a connection to it. I have also attempted the same process with my USB cable and the laptop does not recognize that the cable is connected to the printer.
I need to get this software properly installed so that I am able to print, scan and fax. Right now, I am unable to do any of it.
Judith [removed personally identifiable information]
04-07-2014 12:47 PM
Hello Judith, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!
I see you are having issues trying to reinstall your printer software. I would like to assist with that.
I would suggest following the steps laid out in this document on Wireless printing center Troubleshooting Issues.
If those steps do not work, I would suggest and completely removing the printer software. In case you run into any issues uninstalling, I am including a link on Uninstalling the Printer Software.
Once it is uninstalled, I would recommend setting your computer into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration settings. I am also including a document on How to perform a clean boot in Windows.
Once the computer is in clean boot mode, then I would suggest reinstalling the software using the HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver.
Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)