07-01-2014 02:31 PM
Worked fine until I replaced the black ink (genuine HP cartridge). Now it only prints 1/4 to 1/3 of a page properly until the black quits. Sound like faulty ink cartridge or need new printhead?
07-02-2014 02:31 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand your Officejet L7590 stop printing black ink at times. I will do my best to assist you! Please follow this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.
Try printing a quality diagnostic report and clean the printhead a couple of times until you receive satisfactory quality. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Have a great night!
07-02-2014 02:53 PM
- checked the ink tubes,
- aligned the printheads,
- done a power reboot,
- used the automated tool to clean the printheads a half-dozen times,
- and cleaned them manually with a q-tip and distilled water.
All with the same results.
07-02-2014 06:04 PM
Thank you for this information.
I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)