Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 5200 I'm trying to repair at the moment. It keeps "jamming" as the first page exits the printer. It gets half way out and the whole printer stops. If it's printing one page, removing and replacing the cartridge solves the jam and it pushes the sheet out fine (it's all fused and ready to go). If there is more than one page then I have to remove the sheet of paper under the cartridge before it will continue... only to jam on the next sheet exiting the printer.

I read some where (lost the page now!) of someone having a similar issue and fixing it with a new fuser, thus replacing a paper sensor. I've just installed a new fuser and exactly the same thing is happening, at a bit of a loss really!

I'm going to try and reset the NVRAM if I can get the menu to appear... but any other suggestions would be accepted graciously!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
If there is print then the issue is the face down delivery assembly at the top of the fuser. It is part number RM1-2490-000CN. If you remove the top cover on the right side of the assembly is a sensor flag that intersects a sensor. If that has failed or the mech is out of place, then the printer will jam thinking paper has not reached or is stuck in the assembly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
It could be a sticking registration sensor flag. When the paper passes over the sensor flag it goes down and as the back edge of the paper passes the sensor should pop back up so the next page can do the same thing. If the flag remains down, the next page does not tell the printer it is there and the printer shuts down seeing a jam or no pickup. If the sheet stuck before the fuser does not have any print on it, then that is the most likely cause. Sometimes just blowing that area out (by the sensor flag) with compressed air will solve the issue since it is also possible toner has accumulated inside the sensor piece. You should also make sure the pickup roller is good. To test just place multiple sheets on the manual feeder, open any trays and try a 2 page test to see if it works. If it does, then the pickup roller or tray settings are faulty.
HP Recommended

If printing more than one page, the sheet before the fuser does have print on it.

The problem seems to lie at the top of the printer.  I tested a print with the backdoor of the printer open, so that the paper exits there, and it printed perfectly well.  As soon as it's closed and it pushes the paper to the output bin - same "jam" again!  It just doesn't like exiting at the top of the printer!

I'll still have a look to see if I can find this flag though and make sure it's clean - can't hurt!

HP Recommended
If there is print then the issue is the face down delivery assembly at the top of the fuser. It is part number RM1-2490-000CN. If you remove the top cover on the right side of the assembly is a sensor flag that intersects a sensor. If that has failed or the mech is out of place, then the printer will jam thinking paper has not reached or is stuck in the assembly.
HP Recommended

Hi Aimav,

Kindly metion the complete error message ont he printer.

Moreover 13.41 error message appearing on this printer should be due to the "Delivery Assembly".

Also check the in the rear door check the Face up/Face down delivery for broken or improper installed parts.

I work for HP in Printer Department.

Kindly send Kudos if your satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Sohail Arshad

HP Recommended

If the paper jam source is the same for all the tray with error " 13.41 " .Please inspect the rear door Face down delivery assembly ( Paper Delivery assembly ) for any breakage in the output flag in delivery assembly . Replace Delivery assembly (partnumber -RM1-2490-000CN) if there is no breakage , clean and reseat the Delivery assembly and check the status .

HP Recommended

When it jams it normally tells me there is a jam under the cartridge. 

I think all of you are hitting the right section.  I just need to get time to look at it now!  Thank you for the advice, if it turns out to be something else I shall update the thread!

Many thanks!

HP Recommended

Finally got a chance to take the delivery assembly apart and the flag on the right hand side had snapped off!  I've super glued it back on and the printer works perfectly now!  A tempory fix for now until I can get a replacement assembly ordered.  Many thanks for everyones help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.