Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to print labels with straight lines, however, the lines keep printing slightly crooked. Somestimes less crooked and sometimes more crooked. There is no consistency. I have checked the printer and duplexer and there is no jammed paper. I have made sure that the paper is sitting in the tray properly. I have ran a print quality diagnostics as well as a printer alignment and everything looks good according to these tests. However, even after conducting these tests, I am still encountering the same issue. When you print a normal every-day word document, you can't tell that the printing is crooked. However, I am attempting to print labels for measurement purposes to measure amount of teaspoons in a bottle and as a result am printing multiple straight lines that are parallel to one another. As you go down the page, you can slowly but surely see that the lines start moving upward ever so slightly. This is a major problem for me as many of these measurement labels will end up being inaccurate. I would greatly appreciate if someone could offer some sort of solution for this. I look forward to your valued response! Thank you.  

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Greetings @BrianCasimano,

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that the labels are slightly crooked. I would like to help.

What application and settings are you using for the paper type and quality in the print driver?

I have provided this document to see if it will help: Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer Series.

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

These labels are Office Depot address labels printed from Microsoft Word utilizing their label template. If I print any sort of fast draft or draft document, the paper will print even more crooked. Printing on best is slightly better, however, still crooked. These labels are for printing measurement lines and I really don't need to be printing these in high quality. If you require further information, I would be happy to provide whatever is necessary. I look forward to your response. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @BrianCasimano.

Since it is just happening on the label paper, it sounds like an issue with the way the paper is being pulled through or the paper setting selected in the print driver.

Let me know what the paper type is that you selected for the labels. Try plain paper or another setting if you aren't sure.

1. Open a document, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.

Try cleaning the paper rollers: Paper Rollers. Go to Solution five: Clean the paper rollers

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have already tried every solution in the article you have linked me to prior to creating this support thread. It is also not being caused by the paper type. This problem occurs with both normal printer paper and the label paper.

HP Recommended

Hi @BrianCasimano,

Since you are having this issue on different paper types, then it would indicate a hardware issue with the paper feed. But since you aren't having this issue with the self-tests, it would most likely be a software issue.

I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the software to see if you have the same results. If the printer is setup on another computer, try printing from it to see if the issue persists.

You can try the steps listed in this document for cleaning the paper rollers to see if that will help.

If the issue continues, please contact HP Customer Support  to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I uninstalled and re-installed the software and driver for my printer and checked to make sure that the rollers are clean. I am still having the same results. Could this have anything to do with the fact that there is no software or drivers for anything after OSX Yosemite? Is this printer just simply not being supported anymore and as a result my printing will suffer?

HP Recommended

Hi @BrianCasimano,

You didn't mention what driver you are reinstalling.

I checked online and there is an HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers available for 10.11. 

Is this the driver that you have installed?

If you are still having issues and you have the correct drivers, try the AirPrint driver to see if you have the same results.

From the Printers and Scanners window, just click on the + sign, select the printer and click on the drop down and select the AirPrint driver.

There is also another driver available by Apple that you can try: HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yes, that is the driver I have installed. I am still currently in the process of testing out the AirPrint and HP Mac drivers that you had mentioned. May I ask why the driver would have any affect on the lines printing out slightly crooked? Why would this be a software issue despite the fact that I've checked my hardware and everything visually looks fine? 

HP Recommended

Hi @BrianCasimano,

Since you mentioned that you ran a Print Quality Diagnostics and a printer Alignment and everything looked alright, most likely it is software related.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.