02-23-2013 05:40 PM
I have recently been having trouble printing with my HP P1006 laser printer. When i first installed Windows 8 it worked fine and there was not issue, but then about a month ago files started getting stuck in queue but usually restarting would solve that issue. Last week, the file would get stuck in queue and I would not be able to get rid of them without manually deleting the files. Also the printer stopped responding to and commands made from the computer. When I tried to remove the driver to reinstall it, the uninstall software would get stuck on the uninstalling your files display and keeps going for hours. When I tried to use the repair options, I somehow ended up having two p1006 showing up on my computer. Any ideas? Btw, when I used a command line to delete the queue that does not respond either, the computer acknowledges that the printer is plugged in but it does not print.
02-26-2013 05:41 PM
Have you tried the article Can't Print? Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue? It covers several different possible solutions for print jobs getting stuck in the queue. Also, how are the printer connected to the computer?
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)